Today I am pleased to host the final day of the Flood World and Dust Road blog tour. I thought that Flood World was a fabulous, exciting and thought provoking read so I was delighted to learn that there was to be a sequel. Dust Road is, I think, even better, full of tension, drama and thrills featuring, in Kara and Joe, engaging characters with a broad appeal.
Both books would be excellent for readers of about 10+ who love thrills and excitement and are rewarding reads that will encourage young readers to think and ask questions too
I am delighted that Tom has kindly agreed to answer some questions on the blog today.
2. The settings are vividly brought to life and feel real to me as a reader but are very different in the two books. What made you choose the locations?
3. There is a real cinematic feel to both books and they would be wonderful on the big screen. If you could choose, who would the director be and which actors would be great as some of the main characters?
4. Kara is an interesting character, is she inspired by someone from real life?
5. As a journalist and film critic have you always wanted to write for children?
6. What type of books did you enjoy reading as a child and has that influenced your own writing style?
7. The books’ covers are stunning and I also love the maps. Did you have any input into the design of these?
9.And finally do you have any writing tips for young readers who would like to follow in your footsteps?